Friday, July 27, 2007

Blood: The Last Vampire - OVA - OST - Yoshihiro Ike

Here is something a little different - off the Michiru Oshima thread I've been on the last week or so.

This is the extremely enjoyable OST to the Japanese OVA Blood: The Last Vampire. Why they never made a proper series out of the exploits of this character are beyond me - Blood+ seems to be a reimagining of the story (though I have not seen that series) but from everything I have read - it looks to be a slightly different concept or universe.

ANYWAY - that is neither here nor there - as this is the score to the original one-shot animation that was made for video.


The music is a good mix of high-energy action cues and some nice big-band-era-sounding tunes. It has a similar main theme to Blood+ (and is probably what Mark Mancina used as inspiration)



I bought the CD after originally seeing the video for the first time some years back - and it was quite a hunt at the time - in fact I didn't even find this one first - accidently picking up the (even rarer)game score at a convention (which I'll post next) But I eventually did find it - and have enjoyed it many times since. Most of the tracks and the liner notes are in Japanese - so I'll be unable to give you a complete English track listing (sadly enough). But I'll venture a guess that track lists aren't the real reason you're here - so I'll bring my rant to a close and leave you with the music.

HOWEVER: Do note before accusing me of taking crazy pills - that Amazon.com does list the OST for Blood and has English translations - but the strange thing is - they only list 16 tracks, whreas you'll see that this disk has 18 tracks. Maybe that is the difference between this (The Japanese Release) and the one on Amazon, which is probably the America release. Anywhat - 'tis my rip at 320kbps.


Please Enjoy:

(Link in comments)





1 comment:

Jazz Hollister said...

Please Enjoy:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fxdxdz202dv