Saturday, July 21, 2007

KITA NO ZERONEN - Michiru Oshima

Quickly becoming my new favorite Japanese composer (Sorry Joe Hisaishi) I first heard Michiru's music without in a Godzilla film, and later she popped up again on the Fullmetal Alchemist movie. Since then I have been seeking her music out - and finally have some pieces to share. I think you'll find her style both fresh and reminiscent of other great composers (Williams, Goldsmith etc.) She usually seems to go for a fuller sound - often seeming to record in vast cavernous spaces - so the work seems to have almost an otherworldly quality abotu it I really seem to dig. Especially when I'm confined to my little workspace during the day - or on the ride to school in the car. (Though at home is certainly the best listening experience to really fill those speakers up!)


Anyway this is my rip of this CD at my usual 320Kbps MP3.


Watch for more Michiru Oshima posts in the future as my meager budget allows. If anyone has any other Oshima releases - I'd love to hear them - or anything related (Japanese orchestral)

KITA NO ZERONEN (Year One In The North)

1. YEAR ONE IN THE NORTH -MAIN TITLE
2. THE DECISION OF HUSBAND AND WIFE
3. WINTER IN THE NORTH
4. THE FLOWER OF AWAJI
5. THE REFUGEES OF THE ERA
6. RELUCTANCE TO LEAVE THE ERA
7. DREAMS COME TRUE
8. KURAZOU'S THOUGHT
9. THE PLEASURES OF A HAPPY HOME
10. A SMALL MIRACLE
11. THE NEW WORLD
12. A BRIGHT FUTURE
13. THE ATTACK OF THE LOCUSTS
14. A HEARTRENDING CRY
15. THE HAND THAT KNOWS TROUBLES
16. THE DAY OF A DECISIVE BATTLE
17. OUR COUNTRY - CONFRONTATION
18. A SPECIAL ATTACK
19. AS FAR AS I DREAM
20. A MIRACLE TO HOPE


And as always - please enjoy. (See link in comments)





-Jazz

2 comments:

Jazz Hollister said...

Please enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THNUW1VA

Julia Pneva said...

Can you reupload this CD? I've been looking for it for a very long time. Thanks in advance!